Appointment of the Managing Agent
In accordance with the terms of the lease the Block Landlord (G&O Investments Ltd) is required to ensure that the building, systems and services are appropriately managed and maintained.
To carry out these functions, the Block Landlord appointed Plymouth Block Management Ltd as the Managing Agent to undertake the financial and day-to-day management of the building and the collection of service charges from leaseholders.
The Block Landlord also appointed Urbanpoint Properties Ltd. as agents for the collection of ground rents (payable by leaseholders) and to hold and manage the Building Insurance Policy.
The Managing Agent, whilst accountable to Block Landlord, is also obliged to provide leaseholders (apartment owners) with certain financial information. Furthermore, the managing agent’s books of account, together with all invoices relating to the building must be open to inspection by the owners, if required, and in accordance with statutory requirements.
The Managing Agent’s responsibilities
In accordance with the lease, the Managing Agent’s main role and responsibilities are the security, support, maintenance and servicing of the common areas and structure of the Hebble Wharf building.
These services are managed remotely by Plymouth Block Management, with support from local maintenance contractors and the Hebble Wharf Residents & Owners Association.
The Managing Agent is responsible for such matters as:
• Communal areas of the building
• Building access and security (including cctv systems)
• Building fire alarms
• External and internal lighting of communal areas
• Cold water supply and sewerage services
• Terrestrial and satellite media distribution services
• Fabric of the buildings including water leaks or flooding
• Refuse storage and recycling
• Provision of mailboxes (maintained at leaseholder’s expense)
• External window cleaning (except for apartments on 4th floor)
• Utility issues (including meter readings provided by the Association)
• Power failure and systems failures
• Car park
• Parking issues
• Unsociable behaviour
• Any financial queries
• Concerns over staffing
• Suspected lease breaches
• Emergency repairs
• Fob and radio transmitter unit reordering
• Budget and accounts requests
• Insurance claims (managed by Urbanpoint Properties Ltd)